Sunday, August 28, 2011

Backroads


Driving the backroads on our last trip I snapped pictures as we passed by old buildings from bygone days.  I couldn't help wonder who tended these farms, planted crops, tried to keep animals alive in the brutal winters and fiery summers.  Hearty individuals to be sure.  You wonder how many generations opened that shed door, how many lives tramped across those fields and laughed and played and loved here.  So many lives beating around us each day that we know nothing about.  Traveling, it's a great adventure and truly a time to do a little reflecting on the souls of others around us.

Supplies from Cottage Arts 
Font - Chaparral Pro

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I do the same thing when we travel.
There was an old farmhouse I went into and looking out the old distorted window, I thought of how the mother looked down in the yard watching her children play.