Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Diggin' in the Muck!

Sometimes (most times really) it's hard to find pics of my son-in-laws to scrap, and my son for that matter. When Cottage Arts released this new kit, Garage Grunge Page Pak, tonight I knew right away what I was going to scrap. These photos of Luke when he came and helped unclog my pipes in my old home in Longview. What a sweetheart, he worked so hard all day in the muck and yucky stuff but wouldn't quit until he had it fixed. It may have been over 6 years ago now, how that much time could have passed I can't quite figure out, but it seems like it was just a few days ago. (I imagine it will always be a vivid memory in his mind too, lol, but not a very good one!!!)




Journaling reads:
This, my son-in-law was above and beyond the call of duty!
The pipes had clogged, Pops, as you called him,
wasn’t here to fix the mess and you stepped in,
shovel in hand and muscles in back.
Dig, dig, digging for what seemed forever in the
backyard to reach the outlet to the main sewer pipes.
It was a dirty, yucky, stinky job but you refused to give up until it was fixed.
I know you felt like Dad was there guiding you all the way to know how and what to do!
You made me proud and I’m sure he was smiling from above
with a nod of approval and a ‘good job Luke’!
If I failed to tell or show you how much I appreciated what you did then
here it is in living color as a reminder that
when you set your mind to something
you CAN do it!
Thanks again your Extra Mom



If you haven't checked out the things Cottage Arts has to offer now is the time. Their store is brimming with all kinds of goodies!

No comments: