Saturday, February 16, 2008

LOTD at 3Scrapateers

I made this page about my Aunt and Uncle and it was picked as LOTD at 3Srapateers.

The journaling on the page reads:

I only saw my Aunt and Uncle a few times but there are some people you just instantly love. Perhaps because of Uncle Ernie’s kind and teasing manner, or because Aunty Lil made me think so much of my beloved Grandma. I love hearing tidbits from my cousins who lived nearer to them and saw them often.. Cousin Marilyn wrote to me of Aunty Lil
“Aunt Lil was my favorite person, but not about looks. She would ask Glenn & I to dinner I think before we were married and had reached out to me a lot as a child. Spending the night, or playing dominos or visiting her church which had a great Sunday school with flannel board stories.”
Marilyn and I have talked often, I trying to glean glimpses of these people who are a part of me. When I gathered these photos for this page I smiled when I realized they are surrounded by flowers in each photo, so appropriate for they both loved them and as you can see from the photos of the yard and driveway with flowers cascading everywhere.

These were days when fashion and appearance were a large part of a woman’s makeup. Look at photo of Grandma and Aunty Lil above, both probably ready to go to church. Gloves in hand, sisters they were. The photo above of Uncle Ernie is just as I remember him as a child. Momma also talks of their flowers and how many they had around their home. Two people so destined to be together. They were truly the ex amp lo of true love.

I used Silvia Romeo's kit Romanza for it, such a beautiful kit. You can pick it up at 3Scrapateers or Digitals.

No comments: