Saturday, September 22, 2007

Mom and Daddy

Journaling reads: Mom and Daddy became Snow Birds in the 70's with their fifth wheel they traveled to Arizona. Most years Dick and Warner Dietel and Ted and Nadine Williams were along for the trips. This photo was taken at Friendly Acres Trailor Park in Yuma where they spent a lot of winters enjoying the warmth of the Arizona sunshine. Daddy always had a soft spot for Arizona and now Retirement was fullfilling the dreams of winters of sunshine, close friends, lots of laughter and sunset and sunrises to rival no other!

Mom said they came around one day and took photos of everyone in the park. These were good times for the folks, they enjoyed being down south, and in the company of their friends. this photo was in color but when I scanned it in it had so many blotches on it that I decided what it would look like B/W. I actually like it a lot better.

I used a new kit of Beth Rimmer's for this. It's called Markesh Express and has wonderful colors, papers and elements in it. You can pick it up at Digitals.

I recently got a new laptop which has Vista on it, and with it are so many fonts I hadn't used before. I used Freestyle Script and Segoe Script on this page and really like how it looks like handwriting.

No comments: