Friday, September 28, 2007

War Time

Journaling Reads:
War time separated my Grandma from her youngest, my Uncle Bill.
He enlisted before he was of legal age, skirting through the system because we were in such urgent need of prepared young men ready to go if we went to War.
How hard it must have been to see her youngest enlist and be gone. Grandma is so very young here, as is Uncle Bill. Grandma had saved these war ration books, some still intact with stamps.
My children and grandchildren have no idea what they were for. Hopefully they never will and I can only wish that some day they
and those that come after will not have to suffer the pain and anxiety of having their youngest go off to war.


I used a new kit by Michelle Shefveland at Cottage Arts - Scrap.Edges Brushes & Overlays 6. For the background I used this wonderful paper, also from Michelle at Cottage Arts, called Naturals 4 Paper Pak
The war coupon books were ones Grandma had stuck back in amongst her photos.

No comments: