Monday, December 08, 2008

Dreaming

I work on the Creative Team for Cottage Arts. Michelle Shefveland is the owner and a true inspiration. She is a very talented lady! If you're not familiar with Cottage Arts you're really missing out. Please stop by and check out her store. Anyway, Michelle challenged the team to try the Ethereal look for Christmas, well I'm still working on that Christmasy page of Zoie, but I had this picture of Pyper and just had to try it with a 'not as Christmas' look. This is another photo from Erika Green Photography. She does a beautiful job capturing that dreamy look in Pyper.

I'm not as comfortable with this type of page, it took a lot of playing to achieve the blending of papers and elements that I thought looked right. I kept changing fonts, it's amazing how the font can set a mood of the page and I wanted one that conveyed this soft, dreamy feel. I finally ended up with Liorah. Everything here is from Cottage Arts except I did use a couple of Linda Sattgast's (Scrapper's Guide) styles. I love the finished look though and have already started another of Zoie which I think I can achieve more of a wintery feel with. I really like the contrast of the Black and White photo with the exposure of the red rose. So fun to try new things!

The quote is one of my own:
From the innocence of youth,
there do we receive
the hope
of our future.

This morning as I was checking the comments left on the page at DST I saw where I'd been featured in the Genuine Praise Blog. I wasn't familiar with this blog so please take a look, I think she has a super idea going here!

Well I've now been chosen as LOTD at Digitals. It's so uplifting when you've worked so hard on something and find out you've touched a cord with others as well! Made my day I'll tell ya!!


1 comment:

Carol said...

Patti,I love this. It is so precious of her and you did soooo good!