Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Wonder - DST Gallery Standout

Well this is the second of my blending pages, this one with Zoie. I just love this picture of her, another from Photographer Erika Green. The captured, far away look was just perfect for this page. I wanted a dreamy, soft look like I achieved with Pyper's page. Thanks to Michelle at Cottage Arts who helped with the fonts for my word art (my quote by the way) I was really satisfied with how the page turned out.

I used a new kit, just released from Cottage Arts called O Christmas Tree and then blended in a snowflake paper from the Joyeux Noel Page Pak. Love both these kits for this deep wintery feel.

As soon as I posted tonight I saw where this page was picked as a Gallery Standout at Digital Shop Talk! This is a first for me I've not had a page picked there for any reason. Made me feel really good because I really love the pages that are showcased there! Check the thread out if you have time they really have some pages to inspire your creativity!

I got to thinking, after reading all the responses in the gallery to this page, that perhaps it would be fun to include the original photo here as well, that way it will give you more of a perspective of what you can accomplish by blending several papers with your photo. I think the key is to keep experimenting with the blend modes and masking away bits and pieces. It's amazing the combinations you'll come up with. But above all don't get frustrated, just have fun!

No comments: