Saturday, February 21, 2009

In The Leaves


OK this is another work at trying to learn the techniques of blending/masking and brushwork! (I'm so bad at not using brushes and I think I'm missing out on a whole new world, I used lots of them on this page, placing each on it's own layer so I could adjust or delete as the page evolved, I have to use them more often!!!) It was a process of trial and error, doing and redoing but I'm happy with the final effect. I guess the secret is to just do do do it again and again until it becomes second nature. I did use a multitude of kits from Cottage Arts, check out my gallery there to see which ones.

This is Pyper in the leaves last fall. Loved the photo and really like the way it turned out. I was especially happy to see how the addition of the little butterfly on her should blended in so well it almost looks like a part of her dress!