Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's Freebie Time!!!

I had the fun of creating this QP for you from
Beth Rimmer's new kit Surrender. I hope
you enjoy - hop on over to Beth's place
and pick it up free. (Leave a little love if you like it)

Get this Freebie at Beth's Blog Here
Buy her kit Surrender in the Digitals store Here

Here's a page I just completed using a take on the QP and Beth's kit. It was for the Me, My, Mine Challenge at Digitals this month. You were to do a page about you and your favorite color, and why it was. This was an easy one for me!

The journaing reads:

My favorite color, oh that's so easy, it's red, with no hesitation, no question. Why, easy enough, it makes me feel alive, it makes me feel happy, and sometimes it makes me feel naughty! My Momma, shown here in the photo on the left always has teased me when I've bought something red, asking me 'what I was up to!'. My Aunty Flo, she's the one on the lower bottom and the one with her arm around my Momma, always loved red. Momma has said she'd don it when she was feeling feisty in the young days of her marriage. My Aunty was my special person. That person who comes in your life and makes the sun shine on the most dreary of days. I loved her so and miss her so very much. The top photo is me, one of the ones I actually like in school. This was probably the age I was when I spent a few weeks in California with Aunty Flo and Uncle Vic. This time together cemented the affinity I felt with this woman. She left us much too soon, and a place in my heart cries for her and the missing part of my life she never got to share. The other part of me is so very happy I knew and loved her. And when I don red, I smile and inevitably think of this lady


2 comments:

BHo said...

Great freebie!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! your freebie is amazing!!! you did a terrific job, I'll go check the kit ;)

Thank you very much!! you are very talented.

Hugs & kisses, Mariquita